At The Center, we've located all child-related services in one facility in order to strengthen the support that many families need. We provide an environment that helps children develop and become ready to learn.
• Quality, affordable child care for children birth to 12 years
• Developmentally appropriate preschool for children 3 to 5
• Summer programs for youth
• Comprehensive services for special needs children
• Social and mental health services
• Comprehensive adult education services
• Parent education
• Coordination of existing services
As a not-for-profit organization, we are dedicated to meeting the needs of all children regardless of age, sex, race, color, creed, national origin, handicap or economic status.
Formally named The Family Resource Center, we were incorporated in 1995 through a cooperative effort by Via Christi Hospital, Pittsburg State University and the Pittsburg School District — entities all committed to significantly improving our community's quality of life.
Explore our website to learn more. Or, call us to discuss your needs or make arrangements to drop by and see for yourself what makes The Center a great place for children.
By the numbers:
Waiting list: 107
Who we serve:
Child not born yet?
That's OK! It's never too early to plan. Just fill out our application and pay the application fee (see "Forms"). For the name and birthday of your child, simply put your due date and "Baby" as a name.